Varsity Community Garden currently has 36 plots. Each plot has 4′ X 8′ or 32 sq. feet of planting space. Or, in metric measurements, it is 1.22 m X 2.44 m or almost 3 sq. meters of planting space.
In 2017 the rental fee per plot for one year is $34 including tax.
To rent a plot
All you have to do is:
- Write Ann, our Plot Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be put on the waiting list. Please indicate your preference for either a raised or in-ground bed.
- Sign the Membership Agreement of Varsity Community Garden. See FAQ
- If you are under 18, an adult guardian or a parent has to sign it.
- Submit the signed Membership Agreement to the Plot Administrator.
- Pay the rental fee of $34 for one year before or at the Annual General Meeting in March.
To see the list of the available plots, click here.
Further details about renting a plot:
- The annual membership period is from April 1st to March 31st of the following year.
- Plots are rented out on a first-come-first serve basis.
- There is usually a waiting list, so advise the Plot Administrator as early as possible if you wish to rent a plot.
- Only one plot can be rented to a household or family at a time, due to a limited number of plots.
- Plot rentals may be renewed for the next growing season. Please advise the Plot Administrator at the end of the growing season if you plan to keep your plot for next year.